Ambassadors play a vital role in attracting and retaining new students to the PNWCC campus. Ambassadors assist the Director of Student Life with various events throughout the year including (but not limited to):
- Providing campus tours
- Assisting with PNWCC events (Orientation, Commencement, College events, etc.)
- Assisting with outreach efforts in the community (e.g., service projects)
- Reaching out to prospective students via email, text, and phone messages
- Representing what it means to be a PNWCC Gladiator to various audiences (e.g., Student Advisory Board)
To apply you must:
- Have completed a minimum of one semester at PNWCC
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA which is maintained
- Have completed a financial aid application (FAFSA or WASFA) and in good standing with the Financial Office (no outstanding balances, payments on time, etc.)
- Agree to participate fully in the program for the full academic year (Fall/Spring semesters); however, your status will be reviewed each semester
- In good standing with other PNWCC students
- Able to contribute at ~5 hours/week
If you are selected as a Student Ambassador and fail to comply with these criteria, your scholarship monies will be revoked and you will be responsible to refund the scholarship monies.
Qualified Student Ambassador Traits
The PNWCC Student Life office upholds the value of diversity and seeks to find students with various backgrounds, skills/experiences, and outlooks on life. While seeking to embrace diversity in our candidates, we also have some traits that assist a student with being a strong candidate for this program:
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to manage time well and balance multiple priorities
- Initiative, dependability, discipline, creativity, responsiveness, and open-mindedness
- The ability to work well independently AND as part of a team
- A desire to grow in Christlikeness through humble servanthood
Student Ambassador Benefits
Becoming a Student Ambassador is an honor and commitment as a representative of PNWCC. As a result, you will be provided with a $500 scholarship each semester and a position of leadership on the campus as a primary voice in PNWCC Student Life. A Student Ambassador position will be valued by future employers, colleges, and scholarship committees.
You can download the Student Ambassador Application form here.